Sunday, August 1, 2010

How to Recycle Glass Containers


I've had these rooster containers for quiet some time.  They didn't fit into my kitchen theme but didn't want to throw them out.



My first step was to take off the labels around the neck of the bottles. 



Then replace it with card stock.  I used sticky tape to adhere the card stock.




Then I took the metal off the cover.  I sanded the cover so the paint would stick better.



Then painted the cover.



Once dry, I put the cover back together.  I added an embellishment to the front.

Finished product...






__________

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see the transformation, but the pictures are not there for me - :( Sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would love to see the pictures but I am unable to see them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try now. I deleted the pictures and reuploaded them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa you did a great job they look good!!

    ReplyDelete